1: I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.
「 我專注於一件事，而且只有這件事 –那就是盡我所能地贏到越多冠軍。」
2: I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless it’s completely debilitating – I’m going to be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’ll make some tweaks, some changes, but I’m still coming.
「 我就在這，哪兒也不去，不管受了什麼傷 — 除非我完全衰弱 — 我還是會一直是像以前一樣的球員。我會看著辦，我會做出一些調整、一些改變，但我還是來了。」
3: I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, “My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.” We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.
4: I’m playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition – that’s what I’ve always wanted.
我正在跟偉大的球員們打球，和世界上最好的球員們競爭。這比賽 — 就是我一直想要的。
5: I can’t relate to lazy people. We don’t speak the same language. I don’t understand you. I don’t want to understand you.
6. I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant.
7. I’m chasing perfection.
8. Can I jump over two or three guys like I used to? No. Am I as fast as I used to be? No, but I still have the fundamentals and smarts. That’s what enables me to still be a dominant player. As a kid growing up, I never skipped steps. I always worked on fundamentals because I know athleticism is fleeting.
9. I’ll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it’s sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.
10.I draw from the crowd a lot.
11.Everything negative — pressure, challenges — is all an opportunity for me to rise.
「 每件負面的事 – 壓力、挑戰 – 都是一個讓我提升的機會。」
12.My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
13. If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.
14.The most important thing is you must put everybody on notice that you’re here and you are for real. I’m not a player that is just going to come and go. I’m not a player that is going to make an All-Star team one time, two times. I’m here to be an all-time great. Once I made that commitment and said, ‘I want to be one of the greatest ever’, then the game became everything for me.
15. There’s a choice that we have to make as people, as individuals. If you want to be great at something, there’s a choice you have to make. We all can be masters at our craft, but you have to make a choice. What I mean by that is, there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that. Family time, hanging out with friends, being a great friend, being a great son, nephew, whatever the case may be. There are sacrifices that come along with making that decision.
16. Are you willing to push the right buttons even if it means being perceived as the villain? … I’d rather be perceived as a winner than a good teammate. I wish they both went hand in hand all the time but that’s just not reality. … I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success.
「 即使會被眾人當成惡棍，你還會做對的決定嗎?….我寧願被認為是一個贏家而非一個好隊友。我希望能同時兼顧兩者，但是這是不實際的…. 我和那些懶惰的人 ─ 那些只會將自己沒有成功的原因怪罪於他人的人─ 並沒有任何共同點。」